Here we have two find chocolate bars. After much thought and consideration, we decided that the Chuao bar was better. The peppercorns and floral tastes in the Ethereal chocolate bar were interesting, and beautiful, nut based on taste alone, the chua nut bar had it beat!
This meal was a perfect lunch. The chicken was encrusted with almond meal and fried in trader joe’s coconut oil. The sauce is roasted red pepper and goat cheese. For crunch, sunflower seeds on A simple salad completes a delicious and nutritious meal 🙂
The recipe for the kitchen was basically taken directly from Circle B Kitchen
Almond Crusted Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, or chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- salt, pepper, other spices you like
- egg for egg wash (optional)
- 1 roasted red pepper (can be canned)
- at least 1 tbsp goat cheese (but you can never have too much goat cheese!)
- coconut oil for sauteeing
- Combine the almond meal with salt, pepper, and any other spices you like
- If the chicken pieces are not even, flatten them. This is very important for even cooking.
- If you prefer to use an egg wash, dip the chicken in the egg wash.
- Coat the chicken with the almond meal mixture
- Pre-heat the saute pan and melt the coconut butter. When it is hot, start to sautee the chicken on one side
- While the chicken cooks, make the quick sauce. Blend the pepper and goat cheese together. Add any spices you like.
- Flip the chicken to brown on the other side
- When the chicken is cooked through, serve with the red pepper sauce on top
Tags: Paleo, gluten-free