In order to celebrate a new research building at my school, we had a cake made to resemble it. Pretty great right?
Here are some cupcakes that we have enjoyed recently. The chocolate peanut butter one is from burgers and cupcakes ( NYC). It is the best of the bunch 🙂
The twix cupcake is from Philly cupcake. It was also delicious.
The white ones with the decorations were given to us by a friend. They were excellent!
Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone! Here’s what we shared while watching our favorite movie tonight.
A box of macarons from Susserie! Here’s what we made last week in preparation for valentines day:
This is a great breakfast. We’re not huge fans of blueberries but if you pop’em in a bread like this, it ain’t too bad 🙂
You will need: bananas, almond meal, flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, salt, apple sauce, coconut oil (two tablespoons only) and frozen blueberries. You make a batter out of that (you know the basic drill so make it how you like it! Some like it fluffy, some like it dense). The glaze is made out of frozen blueberries blended with powdered sugar and a tablespoon of honey.
This cake is ridiculously delicious. We made it from a post at The Tasteful Life. Try it and you REALLY won’t regret it.
Apricot Pistachio Cake with White Chocolate Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 Stick Butter
- 3/4 cups finely diced dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped Pistachios
- 5 eggs separated
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 containers cream cheese at room temperature
- 5 oz white chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Beat the egg whites until you have stiff peaks
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter with the suga and vanilla
- Add the egg yolks and olive oil and beat until fluffy
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda
- Mix the flour mixture to the egg/sugar mixture a little at a time, alternating with the buttermilk
- Mix in the pistachios and Apricots
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the batter
- Pour the batter into 3 round cake pans
- Bake until cooked all the way through (about 30 minutes)
- Let the cakes cool on a baking rack while you make the frosting
- Beat the cream cheese with the whipping cream until nice and fluffy.
- Melt the white chocolate and mix it into the frosting
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time until it is sweet enough
Yield: 1 large cake
Prep Time: 10
Cook time: 1:00