This meal was a perfect lunch. The chicken was encrusted with almond meal and fried in trader joe’s coconut oil. The sauce is roasted red pepper and goat cheese. For crunch, sunflower seeds on A simple salad completes a delicious and nutritious meal 🙂
The recipe for the kitchen was basically taken directly from Circle B Kitchen
Almond Crusted Chicken with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, or chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- salt, pepper, other spices you like
- egg for egg wash (optional)
- 1 roasted red pepper (can be canned)
- at least 1 tbsp goat cheese (but you can never have too much goat cheese!)
- coconut oil for sauteeing
- Combine the almond meal with salt, pepper, and any other spices you like
- If the chicken pieces are not even, flatten them. This is very important for even cooking.
- If you prefer to use an egg wash, dip the chicken in the egg wash.
- Coat the chicken with the almond meal mixture
- Pre-heat the saute pan and melt the coconut butter. When it is hot, start to sautee the chicken on one side
- While the chicken cooks, make the quick sauce. Blend the pepper and goat cheese together. Add any spices you like.
- Flip the chicken to brown on the other side
- When the chicken is cooked through, serve with the red pepper sauce on top
Tags: Paleo, gluten-free